From Here. For Here
I grew up in Galesville, Wisconsin. Like many of us who came of age in small towns, I'm proud to say that I'm still friends with many of my kindergarten classmates. My dad worked as a Wisconsin State Trooper for over 30 years. My mom worked as a medical technologist at Gunderson Medical Center.
As a kid, I loved sitting in the passenger seat of my dad's squad car. He showed me how to work the emergency lights and siren. He taught me about the radar. He explained to me the function of every item in his medical kit. I was proud of what my dad did for a living.
As an adult, that childhood pride has transformed into a profound respect for the men and women who work in law enforcement. It is my privilege to work with members of law enforcement on a daily basis. Although we may not agree on every issue in every case, I work to ensure that each member of law enforcement respects my professional judgment, in the same way that I respect theirs.
People in rural communities know each other. They know what families stand for. Reputations are built over decades, and respect is earned through experience. I have devoted my professional life to serving the community that raised me. For these reasons, I ask for your vote on October 2, 2018.
My wife, Abby, is an educator. We live in Galesville with our one-year old German Shepherd, Kiska. My grandfather fought in the Aleutian Island campaign during WWII--Kiska is the name one of those islands.
- I attended the Gale-Ettrick-Trempealeau School District, and graduated in 2001.
- I attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison, earning a bachelor's degree in legal studies and sociology in 2006. I was a member of the Phi Beta Kappa honors society.
- I attended the University of Wisconsin Law School in Madison, graduating in 2013.
- La Crosse County District Attorney's Office (Prosecution Project Clinical Student), 2012.
- Legal Assistance for Institutionalized Person's Project (Provided post-conviction assistance to Wisconsin prison inmates), 2011-2012.
- Private practice in Trempealeau County, 2013-2015.
- Trempealeau County District Attorney's Office (Assistant District Attorney)
- Treatment Court Team Member, 2015-present.
- Juvenile Delinquency Prosecutor, 2015-present.
- Children in Need of Protection and Services Prosecutor, 2015-present.
- Traffic / County Ordinance Prosecutor, 2015-present.